Chop the following:
1 onion
4 med. carrots (the carrots I used were enormous, so I used 2)
3-4 stalks of celery
Add those to a medium size pot, add a tablespoon or two of butter and saute over medium heat, until the onions are translucent.
Then add:
5 cans of broth (I used 4 cans chicken broth and 1 vegetable broth, that's what I like, but you could use all chicken broth)
2-3 or so cups of cooked turkey or chicken; cubbed (I just add it until it looks like I have enough, sorry, I don't have a better recipe!!)
1 t. basil
1 t. oregano
1 1/2 c. egg noodles (I use whole wheat, I think they hold up better in soup, and they're better for you)
salt and pepper to taste
Then enjoy a delicious, hot bowl of soup (Buzz Lightyear bowl is optional, but not if you are a two year old boy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment