Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hawaiian Haystacks

1. Start by making rice. I usually do 2-3 cups and that feeds my family.

2. Make the "gravy".
-1 lb. chicken cubed
-poultry seasoning
-2 cans cream of chicken
-1 can chicken broth
-cook the chicken until no longer pink, while it's cooking I sprinkle on some poultry seasoning, you can use salt and pepper, or a little garlic. Whatever you like. Add the soups and the broth.

3. Get the toppings ready. Toppings include:

-chopped tomatoes
-green onion
-bell pepper
-coconut
-chow mein noodles
-pineapples
-almond slices
-cheddar cheese

4. Put the haystacks together. (rice on the bottom, "gravy" on top and then whatever toppings you like.

(sorry no pictures tonight, I didn't have time. Also, one of these days I will make a meal that doesn't include cream soups or sour cream. I didn't realize how much I use them until I started posting my dinners!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment