1 to 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef or ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans green beans
mashed potatoes (I would guess 3-4 cups, I used about 10 smaller potatoes)
salt and pepper
cheese
1. Start by putting a pot of water on the stove for the potatoes. You can prepare everything while it heats up. Also preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and cube your potatoes. Then add to the boiling water.
3. Saute the onion and garlic cloves in some olive oil for a few minutes. Then add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and some salt and pepper and cook until meat is no longer pink.
4. Add the cooked meat to the bottom of a 13x9 casserole.
5. Add green beans and cream of mushroom soup and mix around so the soup covers everything.
5. Make the potatoes with milk, butter and salt. Then add to the top of the casserole.
6. Add cheese to the top. (This is optional, it is still yummy without cheese, and has less fat, we added way more cheese than normal because my sister shredded lots of it.)
Cooking tip:
I buy these jars of chopped garlic, and this is what I use when a recipe calls for garlic cloves. 1 tsp. = 1 clove. It save so much time and it lasts for awhile, so I always have garlic ready when I need it. People may argue this, but I don't see or taste a difference in the recipes from using fresh garlic. It does have olive oil added to it, but still, I've never experienced any issues because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment