Monday, December 14, 2009

Chicken Fajitas

I have tried a lot of homemade fajita recipes. None of them turn out as good as when I use a fajita seasoning packet. I usually love homemade stuff much better, and I'm sure there is something out there that is much better than this, but I haven't found it yet. And besides, this is such a fast and easy way of doing fajitas that I don't really care right now. These instructions are on the back of the packet, but I'll do step by step instructions anyway.

1. Cut 2 bell peppers and 1 onion into thin strips. (the packet says one pepper, but I like 2)

2. Saute the veggies for about 5 minutes.

3. Then put them in a bowl and set aside.

4. Cut 1 chicken breast into strips (I defrosted mine in the microwave a little too long...that's why they're half cooked. Oh, and I'm sorry about the picture, I hope it doesn't gross you out)
Anyway, cook the chicken in a little olive oil until it's cooked all the way through.

5. Add the veggies, seasoning packet, and 1/4 c. of water (or whatever it says on the packet).

6. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.

Add to a tortilla with some sour cream. You can also add tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, salsa - whatever sounds good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment