IT'S ME! Do you believe it!? Now that I'm well established in my new home (and have been for a few months) I don't have any excuses to not post recipes on this here blog. I've been making this recipe for awhile now, but tonight I got extra excited while making it because it is food storage friendly. I know you told me once you don't like beef stroganoff, and I'm wondering, is that because of how it tastes or because it kind of looks like a baby diaper? I will admit it's not pretty, but I think it tastes wonderful, and as an added bonus my boys think this is the best dinner ever. So I'm sorry if you don't like this recipe--you can just ignore it.
Beef Stroganoff (I think this came from the Lion House cookbook)
8 ounces egg noodles (I use whole wheat because I think they taste better)
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
*I add a few tsp. of Worcestershire sauce, but that is optional
3 Tbsp. flour
1 beef bouillon cube crushed
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. ground pepper
1 cup water
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms (I use fresh mushrooms, but it would be cheaper to use canned)
8 oz. sour cream
1. Prepare noodles; keep warm.
2. In large skillet combine ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring until meat is brown, drain.
3. Mix flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. Stir in flour mixture, water and mushrooms, continue to stir, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat until just hot, do not boil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment